Directors - download the Junior Thespian Convention Packet to distribute to your students.
Word Document here for Junior Thespian Convention Packet
Troupe Agreement Form here
Consent/Health Form here
Junior High Thespian Troupes are invited to the Texas Junior Thespian Festival!
- Wednesday, November 15, 2017 from 8am to 5pm
- Gaylord Texan Resort Hotel & Convention Center
- 1501 Gaylord Trail, Grapevine, TX 76051
For just $50 per student, your Junior Thespians will enjoy:
- Workshops geared specifically for middle school/Junior Thespian students
- Lunch – vegetarian options available
- Participation in National Qualifying Performance Individual Events (IEs)*
- $15.00 IE Registration fee required; Black clothing required for all IE performances.
- Black Box Performance
- A festival T-shirt is included in the registration cost
For Junior Troupes who choose to attend the 3-day Texas Thespian festival:
- Full festival Junior Troupes will not attend Junior Thespian Festival
- Full festival Juniors will compete in regular Individual Events, not Junior Festival IEs.
Performance opportunities and technical theatre competitions include:
- Duet Acting
- Solo Musical Theatre
- Duet Musical Theatre
- Group Musical Theatre
- Group Acting
- Costume Design or Construction
- Scenic Design
- Theatre Marketing
- Short Film
- Stage Management
Each entrant is permitted to participate in only one event. Schools may submit more than one event for competition. This means that schools may have six (6) performance individual events and seven (7) technical individual events - in whatever combination works best for the troupe. If there are three (3) monologues, one (1) duet, and two (2) solo musicals, that's okay! If a troupe has four (4) stage managers, one theater marketing, and two (2) costume designs, that's okay too!
See the Individual Events Information page for fee structure, competition forms, and dress requirements.
Download the Guidebook App for further information
For questions regarding Junior Festival Preview Day, contact Jenae Glanton, Junior Thespian Festival Director.
Jenae is a graduate of Texas Woman's University and holds a M.A. and a B.A. in Theater. She taught Middle School Theater for twelve years. She currently serves as Theater Director at Rockwall-Heath High School in Rockwall ISD. Jenae has directed over thirty productions at the middle school level, earning ten Middle School UIL One-Act Play District Placements. She is an Actor's Equity Association Membership Candidate and has been seen on stage in several professional productions in Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex theaters. In 2015, Jenae received the TETA K-8 Educator of the Year and was also named the Cain MS Teacher of the Year. Jenae is an Honorary Lifetime PTA Member and a member of the Collin Theatre Center Hall of Fame. She holds a seat on the Texas Thespian Board and serves the Texas Educational Theater Association as the K-12 Committee's Chair.