The Texas Thespians Chapter is an affiliate of the International Thespian Society, an educational theatre honor society. As such, we follow the national model for promoting excellence in middle school and high school theatre departments across Texas.
There are over 500 troupes throughout Texas in public, private and charter schools. If you would like to charter a troupe for your school, you will find all the necessary documents at the International Thespian Society's website.
Membership in the International Thespian Society offers numerous benefits for students and their sponsors including:
- Annual subscription to Dramatics magazine (Thespians and troupe directors)
- Annual subscription to Teaching Theatre magazine (troupe directors)
- The right to attend the International Thespian Festival
- Eligibility for International Thespian Society and State Scholarships
- The right to attend the Texas Thespians State Festival
- Assistance in obtaining reduced royalties on plays
- Eligibility to participate in college auditions at the state and national level
Schools that are members of the International Thespian Society (ITS) are automatically members of the Texas Thespians. To become a member of ITS, contact the Educational Theatre Association, the parent organization of ITS, for complete information and an application.
If you have additional questions, contact Amy Jordan, Chapter Director.