Scholarship and College Audition applications have changed.
Troupe Directors will register students through Cvent.
After payment is received, the link to the application will be sent to the Troupe Director.
THE APPLICATION LINK IS NOT AVAILABLE UNTIL NOVEMBER 1.
DO NOT EMAIL ASKING FOR IT, PLEASE!
WE WILL EMAIL DIRECTORS WITH THE LINK.
The Troupe Director will email the link to both the student and the counselor who will provide the student's GPA, rank, and SAT/ACT score(s).
- No more than six (6) students from any category (Performers, Theater Technicians, or Theater Educators) from one school may audition for scholarships
- Candidate must in their Senior year and must be an Inducted Thespian with the International Thespian Society
- Directors should choose inducted Thespians based on merit, talent, and need.
- Potential scholarship candidates will be chosen from applications and resumes. From there, the scholarship committee will select a list of finalists who will be granted interviews and auditions.
- Candidate must declare a Theater/Communications major.
- GPA must be a 3.0 or better
- If you are applying for a Performance scholarship, you will perform two (2) contrasting selections, not to exceed 90 seconds (this can be the same selections used for your college auditions).
- If you are applying for a Technical Theater scholarship, you will present your portfolio and will answer interview questions regarding your portfolio.
- Theater Educators will be interviewed by a committee.
- $15 fee to apply for Texas Thespian Scholarship payable through ‘Cvent’ registration.
- No refund of application fees if student is unable to audition.
- Thespian Scholarships are valued up to $1,000, are available for Performers, Technicians, and Theater Educators.
We would like to gratefully acknowledge Bob & Marti Fowler for their generous contribution of a $1,000 Theater Educator scholarship.