Before the Festival:
- Read the Director's Packet THOROUGHLY. Directors are to be the ONLY person to register your troupe on Cvent.
- Send a Thespian Festival Information Letter to your Thespians; edit to fit your troupe and school. (Included in Director's Packet)
- Make copies of the Thespian Festival Registration Form, the Consent & Acceptance Form **, Festival Rules & Code of Conduct and Social Media Policy to give to delegates (included in Director's Packet)
- **You may VIEW the Consent & Acceptance Form only. Go to File and download as a Word Doc to edit. Do not email asking for access to the document.
- Have a Festival Meeting with your delegates to collect their registration and Consent & Acceptance Form (the earlier the better!)
- Suggestion: make a Google Registration Form to save paper!
- Collect registration fees from each student
- Arrange transportation to Grapevine (add cost to registration forms that you give to delegates)
- Register through Cvent – use forms provided in the Director's Packet to aid in registration (Registration opens Sep 1)
- Submit titles for Performance Individual Events - see Competitions
- Complete Main Stage Performance Submission & Main Stage Adjudication request
- Submit Play Marathons titles
- Submit Workshop Proposal(s) - If you teach three (3) workshops, your registration fee will be waived!
- Include fees for Play Marathons, Main Stage Adjudication, and National Adjudication
- Get a check cut for the total registration
- Obtain signatures for the Troupe Participation Agreement Form(director, administrator)
- Postmark your payment to Amy Jordan, Chapter Director by October 27, 2017; include check and the Troupe Agreement Form.
- Make sure that you have your finances taken care of BEFORE you get to Festival!
- Have a second meeting just before Festival to review Festival Rules, Code of Conduct & Social Media Policy and to collect Consent & Acceptance Form
- Make THREE (3) copies of the Consent & Acceptance Forms.
- Mail one copy of your Consent & Acceptance Forms to Vicki Kirkley at
McKinney Boyd High School
600 N. Lake Forest Blvd
McKinney, Tx 75071
- Create a notebook or file for the Festival which includes:
- One copy of the Consent Form for your troupe members to keep behind their badges at Festival.
- One copy of Consent Forms for you to have on hand in the event of an emergency.
- Copy of registration information
- Copy of payment information
- Copy of the Troupe Participation Agreement
- Suggestion: make a contact list with your cell number and other chaperones’ cell numbers for every person in your group
- Distribute to the troupe when you pick up nametags
- Instruct everyone to put the contact list behind their name, along with their Consent & Acceptance Form.
- Arrive at Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center no later than 8:00 AM on Thursday, November 15, 2017!
- Festival STARTS at 8AM!
Festival will end at 7 pm on Saturday, November 18, 2017.
Mail all correspondence to EXCEPT FOR THE CONSENT FORMS to:
Denison High School
4200 N. State Highway 91
Denison, TX 75020